CAROLINA MOUNTAINS LITERARY FESTIVAL- FESTIVAL DIRECTOR
The Festival Director requires a year-round commitment, but the time percentage will vary. The job requires more intensive work October-February and June-September.
- As a member of the Planning Committee, plan an estimated 50 sessions- author readings/discussions, performances, keynote speaker over the 3 day Festival which is the weekend after Labor Day.
- Identify and invite authors and presenters as part of the Program Committee.
- Assist in scheduling of all programs in collaboration with the Author Liaison.
- Prepare, manage and share relevant information with other festival planners.
- Orchestrate the smooth functioning of programming , both during the planning stages and during the Festival weekend, along with other planners.
- Monitor 2 Festival email accounts- answer what is relevant to this position and forward relevant emails to the appropriate team partners- Treasurer, Author Liaison, Volunteer Coordinator, Program Committee, Social Media-PR- Website coordinator, Board.
- Support sponsorship development
- Assist with grant writing
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
- Experience with literary festivals and/or event planning
- Intellectual curiosity, love of reading
- Ability to research authors relevant to the Festival’s mission statement
- Exceptional skill at organizing; ability to multi-task; steadiness under pressure
- Ability to track, record and thrive amidst multiple details
- Ability to self-start ; aptitude for working from home while collaborating with a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Commitment to meet deadlines
- A plus- business development skills; working with staff around program related partnerships, sponsorships and fundraising proposals.
The Festival Director reports to the Board of Directors as an independent contractor. $4500-
For more detailed information and to submit your experience, talents why this position excites
you, 3 references to email@example.com. Put “Festival Director” in the subject line. Deadline September 15