Our mission is to bring together authors, readers of all ages, novice writers, listeners and learners in small, intimate settings. We are a festival of readers who appreciate discussing the ideas in literature.
September 8-10, 2016
See full schedule here.
- Wayfaring Strangers-A Musical Voyage from Scotland to Ulster to Appalachia: concert and presentation with authors and musicians Doug and Darcy Orr, and – via audiolink from her home in Scotland – Doug’s co-author and host of NPR’s Thistle and Shamrock, Fiona Ritchie.
All day Friday and Saturday
- 9a.m. – 5 p.m. Free readings and discussions around town
- Playback Theatre- Free improvisations about your stories
- WRITING WORKSHOPS ($30) Fiction, Memoir, Non-Fiction, Poetry
- Banquet ($35) with speaker Fred Chappell – full weekend sponsorship courtesy of Bubba & Susan Crutchfield
- Keynote ($20) David George Haskell, Pulitzer Prize Finalist for The Forest Unseen-A Year’s Watch in Nature. He comes thanks to the NC Humanities Council Pulitzer Initiative Grant.
Tickets available July 1